Monday, April 4, 2011

Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.

An Ute Prayer
i came across a new artist that i am just head over heels in love with her work. Charmaine Olivia . i am very inspired by anything native american. i just fall in love with the free spirit and peaceful ways they live life. not to mention how i am so inspired by navajo designs, jewlery ect. And last but not least the sisters of the black moon. these soul sistas are foreverrrrr a inspiration for me. when i look at their pics i just feel as free as the wind. i thought the girls would def. love charmaines work if they have not already seen it. so i wanted to post some of the art work along side some pictures of the ladies. i mean they go so hand in hand it's awesome. they compliment the art work so well i think. so enjoy the poem,the art, and the beautiful shots of these mamas

xx danii

No comments:

Post a Comment